The overall objective of the EU4Culture is to support culture’s role as an engine for growth and social development across the region.
Specifically, the project aims to:
– Support the enhancement of the role of the cultural sector as driver of economic development.
– Promote intercultural dialogue for peaceful inter-community relations and knowledge exchange across the countries.
– Contribute to improving local governance in the culture sector through support for regulatory processes and participative policy dialogue.
The project will:
– Support the development and implementation of local Cultural Development Strategies: up to three non-capital cities and towns in each partner country will receive €30,000 to develop a Cultural Development Strategy; one of those three will then receive up to €300,000 to implement its Strategy;
– Launch a grant scheme for local and regional festivals, cultural projects and cross-innovation projects.
– Organise a mobility scheme for artists and cultural professionals.
– Provide capacity building support to selected towns in the fields of Internationalisation, Cultural Enterprise and Management, and Cultural Indicators and Statistics.