The „EU4Culture“ is a project funded by the European Union, running from January 2021 to December 2024. It supports the cultural and creative sector with a special focus on non-capital cities and towns in the Eastern Partnership countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine.
The overall objective of the EU4Culture is to support culture’s role as an engine for growth and social development across the region.
Specifically, the project aims to:
– Support the enhancement of the role of the cultural sector as driver of economic development.
– Promote intercultural dialogue for peaceful inter-community relations and knowledge exchange across the countries.
– Contribute to improving local governance in the culture sector through support for regulatory processes and participative policy dialogue.
The project will:
– Support the development and implementation of local Cultural Development Strategies: up to three non-capital cities and towns in each partner country will receive €30,000 to develop a Cultural Development Strategy; one of those three will then receive up to €300,000 to implement its Strategy;
– Launch a grant scheme for local and regional festivals, cultural projects and cross-innovation projects.
– Organise a mobility scheme for artists and cultural professionals.
– Provide capacity building support to selected towns in the fields of Internationalisation, Cultural Enterprise and Management, and Cultural Indicators and Statistics.