Open Call for young media creators
#unprejudiced is a training and networking program designed to connect young media creators from countries of the Eastern Partnership (EaP: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine) Germany and Russia.
The aim is to bring young media creators (journalists, photographers, bloggers, vloggers, podcast authors, etc.) together, in order to support their professional development by capacity building in
- analysing and understanding media (print, TV, Radio, online)
- creating and structuring journalistic work
- working together on crossborder journalistic media production
- building long term professional connections
- conveying a more objective reporting of the Eastern Partnership countries in German media
- be citizens and reside in one of the countries of the Eastern Partnership (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine), Germany or Russia.
- work as a staff member or freelance media creator in one of the respective countries.
- demonstrate a commitment to unprejudiced, accurate, and independent media.
- publish regularly or have at least one year of professional experience in press and/or media.
- have a good level of spoken and written English (good language skills are mandatory).
- produce at least one individual and one collective journalistic piece during the program in English or in the native language, that will be translated for the project’s website.
- be willing to commit to participate in the program from September 2021 to October 2022.
Timeline of #unprejudiced
2021 July – August: Open Call for young media creators in the countries of the Eastern Partnership, Germany and Russia
2021 September: Online Kickoff Meeting and conference of the Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung/bpb)
2021 November – 2022 October: online workshops of one-day, every two months
2022 Mai: Press trip in Germany (Berlin/Hamburg) for the participating media creators in partnership with bpb
2022 April – September: 4 offline workshops of three days in four EaP-countries
2022 October: Closing offline event
Apply by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-2 examples of your work (maximum file size 5 MB) – in English or your work language
- letter of motivation (explaining what makes you a suitable candidate, up to 2000 characters)
The deadline for applications is August 15, 2021 inclusive. Successful applicants will be informed by e-mail by August 31, 2020.
The program organizers do not comment on the results of the selection process.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
We usually respond within three working days.
Funded by Federal Foreign Office of Germany